Different Lives

In my life, I have many handicaps or problems to overcome. Well, everyone has or had.

It all started when a stray cat bit my left hand near the area between the thumb and the wrist. I had to get injected for 2-3 months, providing one per week and a 3 for the first medication. That cat bite gave me a slower process to be a violinist. I had to be 2 weeks off our out of violin classes because it's not moving so well.

After it healed, no scar was left. So it made me a little happier.

But a year after in January, I was hurrying going to school and sprained my right foot from the wheel of a pedicab. I couldn't move it so bad that our school clinic had to excuse me out of school. The good thing was that it's a Friday, so I had the weekends to help move my feet at least and only one absent. I went to the hospital and told them that I am a dancer. Sadly, they told me that I wouldn't be able to dance for 2 months because of the sever strain. I couldn't believe it so I tried to attend one class before without my ankle support but I end up dancing like a beginner when I was in Children's Ballet Class already.

When I went back to dancing after not dancing for 2 months, I remember the first jumping exercise we did and I almost fell back but my left foot caught me. I tried so hard that summer to regain my dancing abilities again. The results were good. I got my scholarship for the first time and a promotion to a higher level.

That was in 2011. Later that year around November, my ballet teacher noticed that I was leaning to my left almost the whole class and requested for a check up for scoliosis. I took the X-ray test last December 29, 2011. The result came out just yesterday after receiving the x-ray scans. My pediatrician told me as she saw the results, my scoliosis was hereditary. I asked her if it could be fixed and all she said that it's only corrective. She also said if I wanted to have straight back again, I could go for operation but it's a foggy option since I might not make it especially it's in the spine and I'm only 13 to begin with. My spinal chords is still developing but in a wrong turn. As a child it's dangerous even to adults.

Now, I don't know what's the next "Accident" I'm going to meet. And if there ever was, Oh please I don't want it. I already made my New Year's Resolution saying that I will take care of myself physically, mentally, emotionally and socially inclined. I just hope to stop all of these bad luck. I still do want to pursue my career both as a musician and a dancer.

I thought that even with these kind of body, I can dance. If Beethoven was able to make music when he became deaf, and Esref Armagan can paint without eyes, then why can't I dance with scoliosis? I believe in the saying everyone has capabilities to do something in his/her life. Everyone is unique and their own way. And everyone has a talent to share may it be an art or intellectual gift.

2 comments:

  1. I really hope things turn around for you and you find your place in the dance and music world, whatever that may be. Best of luck!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's what I just needed. I hoped you too will have a great career! Thanks for reading by!

      Delete