Being an Otaku

Have I ever told you that I'm an Otaku? Otaku means Anime addict/lover. And yes, I am in love with Anime.

One of the first animes I've watch was probably Naruto since my brother loves it. Then I started watching Mirmo de Pon and I never thought that it's actually an anime.

I started really being an anime lover in 6th grade when my best friend M., introduced me to Shugo Chara! I was in love with it especially with Tadase. I was an Tadamu fan (Tadase X Amu). I only loved Shugo Chara until Shugo Chara! Doki. Since I never got the feel from Shugo Chara! Party!

Then I started watching Shoujo animes, like Special A and Ouran High School Host Club. Then I started reading mangas.

I was even able to read mangas in onemanga.com. It's usually onemanga then mangafox. But now, it's all mangafox or mangareader.net.

Then I joined a site called Otakuzone in 2009. I stopped for a few months and came back in 2010. Since then in my user I started forming my own club, making roleplay friends and doing my own rps in the Roleplay forum.

And it's probably also thanks to my OZ friends that I started writing my own stories and its plot. It's so nice to think about a roleplay where you're going to include people and it and make the story alive.

My first roleplay forum thread was called "The Life of the Runaways". It didn't go the way I wanted to but it gave me reasons to write more. I had memories with special people there. And I saved that story. I told them one day I'll finish this rp. I'll make it into a book and I promise your name to be there.

I started roleplaying in clubs. The first one was in my own club called WTA (White Theater Academy). I had fun roleplaying there but I ended up closing the club in 2010 because I was so busy already and it wasn't active anymore. But I promised my co-role players that I'll be opening WTA with a brand new administration.

The second is STA (Special Twins Academy) by a beloved friend I met. Until now, we're role playing and it never stopped. The weird and awesome part is there are only 3 people who are role playing in the club out of hundreds of applicant. Me, and 2 more friends that is. It'd be awesome if you've read it yourself!

Until now, even if it's been 3 years since I became an otaku, I never stopped reading or watching it. In filipino, it's what we called Hindi Nasasawa. Even if there's not much new anime or mangas, or when I finished almost half of the mangas of the genres I like, I never stopped hoping for new things.

The good thing about anime is that there's an inspiration for me that sparks. That gives me ideas in my books. Also I love Japanese Culture. So I got addicted.

But don't worry, I still read books like the Red Pyramid, Thrones of Fire, Percy Jackson Series, Falling Leaves, Desert Flower and such.

For me, being an otaku is not such a bad thing. It could be addicted. But isn't it the same with everything else? If you love something, you get addicted or in-love with it. And I say to you know that I am in love with anime.

That's why this summer, I'll be also giving anime reviews. Since it is part of the randomness in my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment