Christmas Party of CCP BP

Yes, I attended another Christmas Party for CCP. But this time it's for the company show/cast of Sleeping Beauty. It was held at A.T.C. in the Fort Bonifacio High Street.

The party was supposed to start at 5 pm. But it seems like the traffic made us wait for an hour more. I came there around 6 pm and only less people arrived before me. So while we were waiting, we took pictures of the part and us.

By the way, the theme was Prom Night so of course we're wearing dresses and coat and tie!

Yes, we were picturing ourselves in the mirror. Don't we love the mirror too much? We've been using mirrors everyday for dancing classes! 
The set place where the party was is gorgeous and I love the garden. I just don't think I took a picture of it.

The stage with the dazzling lights in the middle! 

I never knew the reason why I took picture of the roof of the house. It just seems so angular to me.
Our Emcees then told us to eat first. After many people arrived, we started with games.

So the first game was the longest time for the person to say "Hey" from the song Jingle Bells as we sing the song. So it's like:

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle all the way!
Oh what fun, in a mystery ride,
with a one horse open sleigh
HEY!!! (timed)

I was picked to join the game. So there were 5 girls and 5 boys. We were alternating the chance to sing. So it's boy-girl-boy-girl and so on. It was funny because some of us laughed too much that it's hard to make the Hey sound longer. And I'm one of them! My time was 7 seconds. The winner? Double my time. and it's a consistent win! It was funny how he won because he was changing the tone to be able to breath without stopping. It's complicated to explain. But it was so funny!

The second game was another race between 4 groups. The race was about running around a chair with a paper plate between the neck and the shoulder, the legs and the under arm while fanning yourself with another paper plate. I wasn't part of the game but there was a winner and it's fun to see them run around the front of the stage!

We had then a performance competition. It was on-the-spot performance competition to those who wanted to join the talent show, that is. There were 4 contestants. The first two girls, sang Price Tag. The second was a group performance of acting, jokes and singing. The third group was hilarious yet amazing. it was a duet of a song by Regine Velasquez and Ogie Alcasid and both of the boys were singing it yet their voices are amazing! The third was funny yet dance-y. There was a plot and they were the most out of all the other groups. Of course, there's a winner and everyone recieved a prize.

Then we had exchange gifts! Ours was quite different from the usual numbering. It was like playing stop dance but the gift is the one moving. The gift is going to move, then the speaker will make a surprise exchange from person across, left to right or even saying "Boys will exchange with a girl" or "the girls will exchange gifts with anyone in the room". I ended up with having 300 Pesos worth of gift cheque at SM. I loved it since I'd be able to buy the earphones I wanted so badly. My exchange gift by the way were headphones.

After that, we had crowning of Top Best Prom Costume of the Night and Prom King and Queen. Everyone was beautiful and of course there were prizes for the winners.

Last but not the least, we had the last game probably. It was the calamansi race. Calamansi in english is Calamondin. The game is that there would be 10 participants of each group. and each person will run and circle around a chair while holding the Calamansi with a spoon by biting the spoon itself. So it's like, you hold the spoon with your mouth and the Calamansi on top of that spoon. After that, you'll pass the Calamansi by the spoon itself still in your mouth. If the Calamnsi drops in the process, you'll have to repeat your round. Unfortunately we were 3rd place. but luckily, I enjoyed the game.

I went home already around Quarter to 12 and it was worth my time even if I had school the next day. It was one of the best Christmas Party ever!

Oh also by the way, while waiting for the Talent Show to start, the Principal Dancers and some alumnae said some speech about the experience of Sleeping Beauty. And what amazed me the most is what Ms. Edna Vida-Froilan taught us. To achieve your dream, to have a goal and never give up.   She had the longest speech and story, but it was worth to listen. It was fun when you listen to her stories when she started to dance and how she also experienced performing The Sleeping Beauty 23 years ago in CCP.



No comments:

Post a Comment