Back to School for my Violin

Hey Guys! Remember my post for 7 Hiatus of music? well, I'm back! Yes, I started my 1st violin lessons again after 7 months
of not practicing and stuff. It was quite a yes or no question for me since it's either I'll continue or not.
And of course I chose to continue.

So there. There was actually quite a problem well a small little conflict for me to go to our school's music building. Since our building is newly made this year and it is quite a labyrinth maze.

There's more than one part of the building to discover. And I have just discovered like 1/3 of this. When I came inside, one thing that I did was to get lost of all things. Me being an alumnae there, being able to graduate Grade School and there and have a lasting record of 9 years of studying there was the first dumb thing that I can ever do in my school life.

I was panicking for the first time because I didn't know which room to go. I checked 5 floors out of 6 floors of the building for any instance that my teacher is any of those rooms. But for around 25 minutes, I wasn't able to find my classroom and decided to go back to the Dean's Office and ask for directions.

The good thing there was that my teacher saw me inside the office and just took me with her and guided. She apologized for not telling me the room number. Well, it was a mis-communication anyways.

As I came inside are own small unit room, it was only a plain white porcelaine wall, a window across the room, own new aircon, a piano, a chair and a stand with a table at the corner of the room. It was better than I'd imagine. Having a piano at almost every room of the building was just fantastic for me. Because at our tempo building, we were trying to fit like 2 or 3 pianos at a time in one small cell room! And it was like so hot since the ceiling was a bit low and it was kind of cramped in that old small dormitory-like building. (Well it was the dormitory for the sisters. Quite understandable)

I started class with nothing prepared beforehand. My teacher asked me why I didn't prepare anything because this was the same problem I encountered last year. I said it was because for the past 7 months of not playing anything, I forgot everything.  So I ended up doing an short auditions for my teacher.

My teacher gave me at least 3 comments:

1. My position is still good.
2. My fretting is still so-so but good.
3. My bowing is acceptable.

"But!" she marked. She said that my bowing got off key. Like it doesn't have a good sense of direction anymore.Basically it's not straight anymore and it is going diagonally.

Also, my volume was so like a child's play. The connection of the notes was like it ended crashing up in the mountains!

So I ended up getting an assignment for practicing my bowing, volume and notes connection. But all in all she said that for my age, my fingering were excellent. And I'd like to stick with that comment till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment