SB Rehearsals: Little Boys

Today, November 12, 2011 I was dancing for Sleeping Beauty Rehearsals. As I have said before I am understudying for fairy children in the company show of CCP.

The flow was this: we are going to be dancing with the garland dancer. which is quite a good yet small thing. But it's worth my time. So, for the past week, it was said that we'll be having partners! Wow, I sighed.

Now today comes and guess what, our partners are 8-10 years old little kids! Wow and yes we are taller than them. They came from this dance foundation they gives them tuition and money to go to school and stuff. I didn't mind that part.

For me, they were good dancers at their age. They have poise, dignity and pride. Oh and by the way most of them are american cute faces.

But one thing I'm sure of is that they're seriously rough people. They were divided to two groups, and whenever one group is dancing the other makes noise. It might be irritating but because they're kids, we're forgiving them.

The sad part here is that we were rehearsing for like 3 hours doing the same dance over and over again and it was dead tiring. At the end of the day I was exhausted. Probably because there are times that our dance get unorganized because they start to move around. But for kids, they are quite good in behavior. They can understand as well even if we're older than them. They now their place and where enthusiasm should be placed.

One of the little boys even asked me about the steps for the 2nd entrance. They were worth my time and yes even if it's tiring it was an amazing experience to dance with little boys ages 8-10.

My teacher even told me to just let them be because they're kids. What do you expect from kids who are still at the peak of their childhood playing? So I just agreed upon that because when I was kid I was like them, all proud yet rough.

Looking at them, they have a future in dance. I know one person that told me "Dance changed my life completely. Thanks to dance, I am now able to be independent and not living to regrets". He told me. And I wish everyone would think that too.

Dance is not only dance. It's more than movements.

No comments:

Post a Comment