Every Time

Every time you call her,
I'd always hope it was me.
Every time you say her  name,
I'd always hope it was mine instead.

Every time you give her a gift,
I'd always hope you gave it to me instead.
Every time you ask for her,
I'd always hope it was me instead.

Every time you sing with her,
I wish it was just me you chose.
Every time you text me about her,
I say don't text me about her.

Every time, is a long time.
Trying to wait under a cherry tree,
Until all it's petals leave,
I still had hope for love.

But that love is too much I gave,
and nothing comes in return.
Yet I always hope that someday,
you'd realize I loved you the most.

But I know it'd be too dreamy for me.
Since I know you don't like me.
It's a stated truth,
yet I don't want to know.

I don't like to lie to myself,
yet every time I cheer you up,
with all the reasons of her,
I always lie to your eyes.

To every sense of humor you say,
I just laugh at it,
even if sometimes,
it's just really lame.

I don't know how much
I have written.
But really this ain't
your ideal poem.

I hope this love comes to an end,
because it penetrates my heart
like a stray fire of the wind.
And it's time to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment